Friday, May 28, 2010

:: untitled 2 ::

i think blogging is going to be harder than i thought it was going to be originally... i feel like i have to have something profound to say (which would explain 4 drafts of blogs that are just hanging out right now waiting to be finished... haha) anywho. this time around, i definitely don't have any crazy insights for y'all... but. perhaps a little entertainment?

right now i am supposed to be "cleaning my room". anyone who knows me knows that i hate cleaning. basically everything about it. it is nice when something is clean... i can appreciate it. but. i just can never maintain it. that and packing/unpacking are some of my least favorite things... well, i have been "working" on both of these things since i've returned from cornhuskerville, and been pretty unsuccessful at them both. i just have had no desire. haha until my dad came in last night and said that he and my mom were going to take away my "entertainment" (aka - phone, itouch, mac) if i didn't get it done today... which is of course why i am working on my room so hard right now... yeuhhh. haha

anywho. so. while i was at college my mom decided it'd be awesome to take all the stuff in my room and throw it in my closet. everything from the dressers, shoes, basically stuff i had left at home. talking on the phone with her one day she was like, "when you come home, you need to clean up your closet, it is a PIT!" i remember telling her that it wasn't a pit, then she said you'll understand when you get home... welp. i understand now. haha. but. this does give me the opportunity to go through all my old stuff. so, since i am so determined to get my room all cleaned and finish unpacking, i start looking through a box of cards and letters i have gotten while at kamp or school. because, i mean, don't ALL messes start with disorganized letters? haha yeeeuh.

anywho. this is when my day took a turn for the AWESOME. not only did i find sappy (really, really, really mushy, sappy, cheesy, i-was-literally-rolling-on-the-floor-laughing) letters from an ex and those awesome singing cards, but i also found a birthday card with $20 in it, and a halloween card with $10. most excellent! i have a completely different outlook on cleaning my room now. its all about a scavenger hunt for money that i have misplaced... which. once i find it. i may hide it again so it can make my day later... cause everyone enjoys finding a few bucks in those jeans you rarely wear, right?!

after i call katie, who is also "cleaning" her room, to exclaim my excitement, i got another phone call. this one i was a little nervous about because i knew it was regarding some issues i have been having with my professor/advisor with the area of art that i am concentrating in. no need to really get into the dirty details, but basically, he is the sole reason that would transfer, so we've been "communicating" back and forth (more on the forth, and less on the back) about how we can resolve our communication errors (i see them, he doesn't, which creates another communication error about the communication errors... confusing) but basically. this phone call just helped me make SERIOUS headway with the whole situation. i mean, what's better than the school having actual documentation of his lack of communication? other than the incomplete (or retake of the class) that i am hoping to get -- nothing. haha

anyway. since i am having writers... or blogger's block (say that out loud. its kinda fun the way it rolls off the tongue haha) i figured maybe this would get me over the "3rd post hump"... haha or maybe i'm just not much of a blogger? time will tell friends. time will tell.

and just something i forgot to add on to the last post... i had no intention of that being a sob story. in my opinion. weakness is good. God uses the broken vessels.

2 Corinthians 12:9-12 :: "but he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, i delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when i am weak, then i am strong."


No comments:

Post a Comment