Saturday, May 22, 2010

give it a name :: choosing a title

here's the deal. i am indecisive. anyone who has known me for any amount of time knows that. when faced with a decision, although i would like to have a say in it, i always prefer someone else make it. there basically is no exception to this kim-ism.

this blog asks me to title it. but i can't do that... i don't even know what i'm going to say. i mean, i only made this so that my friend could have someone following her (which then i found out i could do from just my google account...) how could i give a page a title when i haven't even written anything yet? that's like titling a piece of my art without having drawn anything yet...

although. come to think of it. most of my art i do leave as "untitled". i know that it isn't the best thing to do, but, i know how much power a title has over something. maybe i do not want to inform the viewer about anything in my art. maybe i want them to feel a little aimless. not necessarily know how to approach the piece, or know what is important about it... many things i create, it does not matter to me if they are read into or not. it can be as superficial or as deep as you want.

although leaving something as "untitled" is actually titling it - technically... i like to think that it leaves the possibilities open. there is more room to explore - both for the creator, and for the viewer... that said. i have no idea what this blog will contain. probably randomness. probably some of my heart. but definitely all a part of me ::to be read at surface level or something deeper :: that is your call. i just hate the idea of boxing myself in with a title before i have even begun. too much pressure. uhg.

1 comment: